Sunday, June 29, 2008

You Yangs 3 stage Mtb Race Report

With the time trial up first, basically consisting of an all out 6 minute effort, starting with a hill climb which went well & ending with a fast switchback descent, ending being appropriate as seen by this sequence of pics, with the heart rate right up, getting a little exited hitting this corner with a tad too much speed,
In all honesty, I took my eye off the corner for a split second to glance at the photographer who got these shots, just like a footy player taking his eye off the ball, you pay & we live & learn.


Washing the front out resulting in a commando roll through the corner, what style & grace.


Suppose I better go back & get my bike, still managing 10th overall in the time trial, with no points awarded for my ballet moves.


The line up for the start of the XC race.


What a hoot it was, with some really pinchy climbs, rewarded with,

Fast &
Fun descents, bringing me back to my old motocross days.


Then finishing off the racing for the day with an all out effort of 15mins + 1 lap(approx 1min) in the crit.
Yet again, thanks Stephen for the pics.

So plenty of intensity to be had, which is exactly what the doctor ordered at this stage of my training to help bring the form up! Not forgetting the extras between races & 2hrs after, totaling 6.5hrs for the day, Intensity mixed in with Endurance, Perfect at this stage of the game.

Even though the results are not important in these races for me, i managed to finish 6th overall for the day, you can check them out here.

With the volume of training hrs backed off last week, as the trend goes when peaking for an event, adding more intensity, therefore more recovery time needed between efforts to gain the full benefit, more on this a little later.

Recovered from my mid week threshold session, with a couple of 2-3hr easy roll outs, another great day of racing was had at Beaconsfield upper today, picking up 3rd place in A grade, results here.
With another solid day in the saddle for me riding out & back over the Dandinongs in some very blustery conditions, totaling 7 + hrs, as I mustn't drop the endurance element out completely.

Full report on today's activities to follow.

Thanks for dropping by.

Live to ride, Ride to live.

Troy

No comments: