Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Dirtriders Winter Series XC Race

With a very good turn out for a winter series XC race, Dirtriders course out at put on yet another AwesomeBeaconsfield, never leave disappointed, it's got some of the best fast, flowing & technical single track going round.

The race for me on Sunday was all about having a good hit out of intensity,

That's exactly what i got, with the legs feeling pretty good on the steep pinchy climbs, with the climbs certainly helping me get the heart rate up along with some very competitive racing.

You can see by my facial expressions, there was no holding back.

Head down over the finish line in 3rd place Overall for the day, even though the result was not important, it's always nice to finish on the podium.

I rolled around for 20mins so I wouldn't cool down too much whilst waiting for presentation, then it was time to mount up the trusty BMC Road racer for the 3.5hr solo journey home, climbing up over the Dandies in some very blustery conditions to say the least.

All in very happy with the day of training, close to 8hrs in the saddle with some good intensity, climbing & endurance all in there.

Had a good 2hr ride this eave to roll the legs out, they actually felt pretty good thanks to Leisl at PULSE for the very beneficial massage in my lunch break.

Chow for now.

Live to ride, Ride to live,

Troy

2 comments:

Jo said...

HI Troy , glad to here that everything is going smoothly , I check in everyday to see how u traveling , mum rang this morning asking what the actual race is called , I have been trying to find a web site to give me more info , with not much luck , hey is it called Dirtriders Winter Series XC Race. Our time differences make it a little hard to communicate , but its all good , I will keep mum in toe . WE are all very proud , SOZ we are not there with u but I think its better that way so u can get on with the job @ hand , & can u please give a thank u to your friend that is looking after u , she is very much appreciated , not that I know who she is , BUT U ARE AWESOME THANK U 4 LOOKING AFTER MY BRO , Keep well play safe .
Cheers Love always JO XXXXXXXXX

Jo said...

HI Darl ,it's me again , I fould it ,its is called "24hrs of Adrenaline"
Sweet its got the count down , I have saved the site so we can keep a check in on that as well .
Chow 4 now , JO XXXXXXXXX
ps. as u would have guessed I became a member of google blogger just so I could write to u , lol