Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hard Not to Ride

Firstly must apologize for the lack of content, I am experiencing some technical difficulties with down loading photos, not wanting to bore you with words as this place is so beautiful & pictures tell a thousand of them.
I will get some really nice stuff to you real soon, I promise!
I also have so many people I need to thank, so a tribute entry will be coming your way real soon too.

Here's a bit of pre race gos to tied you over,

Had a great Aussie team dinner tonight, catching up & meeting the whole crew.

I am feeling quietly confident even though it is a very tough course with ALLOT of climbing, I know I have done the work, (could never have done to many hills for this course) oh well just need to freshen up now & stop riding the awesome trails this area has on offer.

My pit crew will play a key role with Jac taking care of all my nutritional needs, aching muscles & all of the many duties associated with keeping my body running efficiently for the full 24hrs in some of the toughest terrain I have encounted.

I am exited to announce that my ex team mate Simon Wright will be arriving here on Thursday, adding some great race experience to my pit crew, Simon & I have done allot endurance racing together with great success, Simon will play a crucial role on keeping a close eye on my competition as the race unfolds, he will basically be my eyes & ears of race technicalities, not mention keeping my bikes in good running order, making sure lights are all good etc etc..... & keeping me motivated in tough times.


Be sure to check back soon.

PS. Jac passes on her best wishes & wants you all to know she's having a great time.

Live to ride, Ride to live,

Troy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Troy,
Have a fantastic ride on the weekend. I hope everything goes smoothly and luck is on your side.
Good Luck,
Brett

Unknown said...

Have fun and ride hard. No regrets! Look forward to hearing how you went and what an awesome time you had in Canmore! See you soon.
Jess Douglas