Sunday, July 6, 2008

Training with 3 weeks to go.

The first question I've been asked of late by(family, friends & riding buddies alike),
Has been, how's your training going?

Plain & simple, the last 2 weeks have shown me that all the long hard yards of training over the past months, are really starting to pay off, this weekend was another confirmation of this.

John Claxton & I just about to head off for hell ride.

Sticking to the road this weekend to concentrate on leg speed & bringing my fitness up another notch, starting out early on Saturday morning with the hell ride(one of the quickest bunch rides in Melbourne) getting a quick 120km by 9am, doing my fair share of work off the front early, on the flats & climbs to get the heart rate(HR) up, then hung around up the top 10 of the bunch whilst the pace hotted up on the way home, keeping the HR up with good leg speed gains.


Sunday was to be a little different with even better gains, a moto pace session with John down to Sorento & back, 200km at an average speed of 39.8km per hr & my average HR spot on what I was chasing, 80% of my max, very happy with that.


So to answer your question in plain & simple terms, I am very happy with my training & the way my form is coming up at this stage.

With thanks for your interest.

Live to ride, Ride to live.

Troy

PS. I have some good news related to Canada, will elaborate further when I have a spare moment.

PPS. Less than two weeks before hopping on the plane, the LifeLounge project we have been working on for the last couple of months will be ready for them to move in before my bum is in the seat, just in the nick of time.

Coming along nicely.

No comments: