Sunday, June 1, 2008

Mission Acomplished

7 weeks to go,




As mentioned in my last entry, I am right in the middle of a Strength/Endurance faze of my training, so going hard today was definitely on the agenda.

So with a nice warm up ride of 1hr 20 on the road bike & limits set on the heart rate monitor, it was time for 6hrs of fast & flowing single track at Listerfield with 400 of my closest friends.


For the first time in I cant remember how long, I got through the whole race mishap free, kept the heart in the required zone & as the title reads it was mission accomplished, oh ye picking up 2nd place in the process behind Adrian Jackson who is coming off a very strong win at the Bull Rider Stage Race held in Alice Springs last week, so well done to AJ, he is certainly in blistering form, check results here.

Almost forgetting a nice recovery ride home as the sun was setting to round up almost 9hrs in the saddle.

Pics as promised, thanks Stephen.

To add a bit of colour, I will post some pics as soon as I can get my hands on them.
So be sure to pop back soon for a bit of viewing pleasure.

Live to ride, Ride to live,

Troy

No comments: