Monday, June 9, 2008

THE LONG WEEKEND

That it certainly was,

With 6hrs, 180kms & 2200m vertical on Saturday, Starting with the hell ride, from Black rock to Mt Eliza, then off to Arthur's seat & Red Hill, dropping 2hrs off my plan as I had to get back to work to give one of Carpenters a hand.

Given my line of work, thought this shot was some what fitting,

As I left work behind me on Sunday for a DATE WITH DONNA, yep that's her in the back ground.


Up we go,


Where's Jack? Oh there he is, nice one mate & thanks for the Company,


All 9hrs, 220kms & 4370 vertical metres of it, with 1200m in one hit over just 17km, nice!



And what a cracker it was, to jag Donna at this time of year as clear as this, GOLD!

Yep that's the Dandies in the background, from which we have come & where we are headed.


Today to top off a great weekend of Training, not content with Recovery just yet, I headed out with John, Jason & Co for a lap of King lake & Yarra Glen, not a bad lap I must say with another 5hrs, 150kms & 1816m of climbing under the belt, mind you with the legs feeling like concrete & riding with a pair of Mountain Goats (over my left shoulder in this Pic, "whilst I get another protein bar down") they were certainly some hard yards, thanks guys.



All in all very happy with the weekend, definitely feeling like some very positive strength & endurance deposits made,
Totaling 20hrs, 550km & 8386m Vertical of climbing.

Might have to lay off the concrete for a couple of days & gear up for next weekend.

So be sure to pop back soon to see what's in store.

PS. As promised, I have posted a couple of pics in the Race report below.

Thanks for dropping by,

Live to ride, Ride to live,

Troy

No comments: