Sunday, May 11, 2008

Round 1 Anaconda Enduro Series (Former CTS)

First up I need to apologize to Andy Bell & give a huge thanks to Andy from KaosCustomBikes,
read on to find out why.

Up early, on the road bike I headed out to Lysterfield for the above mentioned race, deciding I would ride out & back, an hour & a bit each way, with a 5hr race thrown in, giving me about 8hrs in the saddle, with the worlds only 9 weeks away, the BMC & Dirtworks 100s out of the way, upping the volume of training is in order.

Another one bites the dust & so did we, we being Andy Bell & I on the gravel fire road just one minute into the Race, the start for me went from bad to worse. From my cleat slipping out of my peddle on very first peddle stroke at the gun, putting me right into the middle of the pack of a couple hundred riders, then put the hammer down to get within 20 from the front before entering the first bit of single track, I remember thinking to myself, all is not lost, you can still do alright from here.

Then BOOM!! we were on the deck, as I was passing Andy I thought I would just give him a little pat on the back to say G'day & wish him good luck for the day, not quite sure how??? we locked handle bars & went down like a sack of potatoes, leaving us both with plenty of bark off, my front wheel skewer snapping & front disc rotor bending about 90 degrees, so NOT cool, I thought may day was done, running back over to Koas headquarters with my wreckage, luckily & very thankfully Andy assessed the damage & unselfishly letting ride his bike, with a quick seat/post change & I was back in the game chasing about a 5 minute deficit.

Getting just 2km down the track coming across a lady lying on the side of the track in all sorts, stopping to give a hand, she was definitely very dazed & confused, after helping her out & getting some more help, finding out latter she was carted of to Hospital.

Now with approx 20mins down on the leaders, it was all about just cracking out as many laps as possible & see how many punters I could real in on Andy's fully bling BMC Trailfox.


Damage report to the body.

I was very apologetic today to Bellie in person, this is my formal apology, I'm really sorry mate & hope the damage report to the body isn't too bad. I'm definitely giving up pats on the back in races from now on, that you can count on.

Troy

No comments: