Tuesday, April 20, 2010

National Marathon Champs

Brutal & Beaut,

All rolled into one, Brutal climbs & Beaut descents.

Big Hill Events sure lived up to there name with this event, "Rohin, Director of Big Hill events" mentioned at the pre race dinner/riders briefing that he wanted to make this the toughest Marathon event in Oz & why wouldn't he, when they are putting on the national championship event.

For mine Rohin succeeded, It was damn tough!

I certainly didn't make things any easier for myself going in 3 & bit weeks off the bike since my injury from Terra, with 2 very short rides last week in desperation of regaining some fitness, hoping to carry my fitness over for that long was optimistic to say the least, halfway up the first climb I knew I was riding this course & not racing.

Must say I am a little disappointed on the fact of what might have been as Terra is the ideal lead up to this event, however that is racing & life as we know it sometimes.

In closing I am glad I finished & don't seemed to have aggravated the poplatius any further which was the main goal & one bonus was I did get to ride most of the day with my old mate Ash.:-)

Troy

No comments: