Wednesday, October 1, 2008

HIGHS & LOWS

Right from my very first post back in May, announcing my Intention to take on the World at the World Solo 24hrs Championships in Canada,
Within that post i promised to share the highs & lows of my training & racing.

HIGHS
As most of you would be well aware, I became a world champ a couple of months ago, Doesn't get much Higher!

LOWS
Coming down from such an achievement, with such a massive focus & build up!
With hope of using the form gained to do well at home turf Enduros, only to return with a cracked scaphoide in my left wrist...Boo!!! #1
With it on the mend after 5 weeks, crashing in my first race back, re-injuring it...Boo!!! #2

So forced off the Mtb for another 4 weeks, a low in it self, maintaining my fitness on the road was the call,
Following clearance from my Doc. I headed out on the Mtb last Sunday to test the wrist, getting through a solid 3hr ride without a drama... Yippie!!!!

As a result the decision was made to enter the Scott 24hr in Canberra, with fellow BMC 24hr Champ, Joel Donney as a pair, which is less than 2 weeks away,

For those of you not in the know the Scott is the biggest 24hr race in the world, Participant wise, with some 4000 entrants this year, the Woodstock of Cycling.

Only to head out on a training ride last night, to get my front wheel chopped at 40-45km/hr causing me to hit the Tar mack fair on my bum!....Boo #3, Resulting with rotating ice packs to my rump for the rest of the night and today.

As the first 24hrs are critical with injuries of this sort, ice and rest are in order to get the swelling down so I can see my Awesome Osteo at First place Osteopathy tomorrow to check my alignment.

Will keep you posted!

Live to Ride, Ride to Live,

Troy

No comments: