Wednesday, October 1, 2008

TRIBUTE

To follow on from the Highs & Lows of my previous post, the one other major reason i started this blog was to be able to thank & pay Tribute to those who so generously support me in my racing endeavors.
I think it more than fitting to start with the man behind KaosCustomBikes, "Andy", A man who prides himself on building a quality bike to suite, you the customer with all your personal needs & If you don't know exactly what you want he certainly has some great ideas to get you on the perfect ride.
On a personal note, meticulously builds & maintains all my race & training bikes to keep then performing & looking their best, You're a champ, Thanks heaps mate!

It was Andy who recommended & Introduced me to the great guys at Dirtworks, who are the distributors of BMC & a swag of other great products, Consequently have proved to be a really great bunch & a very generous sponsor indeed, It's been a big year of racing & look forward to another cracker, you guys rock!

Not only do they Sponsor a bunch of riders on a range of products, these guys are so into the whole culture that is bikes! that they put on & Sponsor a bunch of Mtb events also.

Such as the BMC 100, DIRTWORKS 1oo and now the Inaugural BMC MTB (Mountains to Beach) a 7 day stage race from Thredbo to the Beach, March 1 - 7, sure to be an absolute Beaut!


Through a Dirtworks association Lazer helmets & BBB Sports glasses have also come on board, check their sites out for a great range of helmets & BBB have a whole lot more than just glasses,

Which by the way are nothing short of fantastic glasses, with their super tech transitional lenses making them perfect for riding at night & just as good riding on the sunniest of days, not sure how this is possible, however I can say they work! Another feature is they are very light, yet very robust at the same time,
Last but not least so comfortable & easy to look through in any light condition, you have to keep checking they're still on your head, with the rubber nose piece, that's pretty much guaranteed.

The Lazer helmet has proved to be very comfortable & If they're good enough for Geoff Kabush!
Then nothing more needs to be said, so check em out!




Following the generous support Night Lightning provided for the Worlds,
I very pleased to announce that Night Lightning will continue their support for this coming season of racing.

They are without a dought one of the Brightest, lightest & most reliable lights available on the market today, I can certainly recommend with complete confidence,
As I ran the New Digital I Blast on my helmet only, in some of the wettest & muddiest conditions I have ever encounted, Running just the head light created plenty of light & allowed me to swap bikes each lap without having any lighting concerns & were completely reliable all night long.

Click on the logo above to check them out.




SCHWALBE have a great range of tires, I run the Racing Ralphs, Tubeless construction in all dry condition racing & riding, basically the Ralphs have everything you want from a cross country tire, fast rolling, heaps of grip, light weight & tough as nails,
When the mud gets too deep for Ralph, I switch to the Nobby Nics & the track might as well be dry & If that does happen, the Nobby Nic is surprisingly still a very fast rolling tire.

For the road you just can't go past the Ultremo, fast, smooth & did 8000km on a back tire in the depths of winter without a flat, some would say I got lucky, this could be true, I tend to think it just might have something to do with the great construction of this tire.




OZRIDERS grips & Chain Stay protectors,
Let me start with the grips! there are two main advantages Ozriders have over their competitors, Comfort & durability, they are definitely as comfy as anything I have I found in the past & I just can not wear them out! Unlike it's rubber based competitors that I used to wear through on a far to regular occurrence, The foam base Ozriders just keep on keeping on.

As far as the chain stay protectors go, any proud OZI just has to have one!




SPORTRECOVERY, The name pretty much says it all, apart from the benefits of these great Nutritional product on offer for all you ON as well as OFF the bike needs, check out this site for some great advice & products alike.



Whilst all the above mentioned people/companies have great products which play an important part in doing what I do.


However the next two i will pay tribute to, play an integral roll of keeping my body going through all the stresses, strains & injuries I encounter, plain & simple I couldn't do what I do without them.
FIRST PLACE OSTEOPATHY

PULSE for health & rehabilitation


For a coach who can really get the best out of every Individual & can really get you to your peak performance for any chosen event, look no further than David McKenzie at ECHELON 1,
He doesn't know much about Mtb, but he'll sure get your engine running!


If you have any Building or Renovation need, Large or small, drop me a line at stonningtonren@optusnet.com.au



Last & so very far from least,

My pit crew of Simon & Jac, who gave up their valuable time in their busy lives to support me in Canada, with Jac taking care of all my food & Nutritional needs & Simon taking care of the bikes & progress race results, quite simply couldn't have done it without you guys, with a special thanks also to Joel's Mechanic mate, Shane for keeping both the bikes running for the full 24hrs.

Not forgetting Martin from the Kaos crew, was my chief pit B....ch for the first few enduros last season & the rest of the Kaos crew for your support through Kona 24 last year & all your well wishes throughout the year.


Thanks again to all concerned
& Mum & Dad of course.

Be sure to remember,

Live to Ride, Ride to Live,

Troy

PS. Thanks to Dom at First place Osteopathy I am back in alignment & my rump is healing well,
So I'm looking forward to heading to Canberra for next weekends Scott 24hr.



No comments: