Sunday, August 24, 2008

Castlemaine Rocky Riders 6hr

To sum the race up for me, "Too much fun for Two laps!"
Unfortunately that was all I got in, as my day was cut short by an off at high speed, resulting in re injuring a healing one.

Up until this point I was having an absolute ball on one of the best XC/Enduro tracks getting around, bar none! This course has it all with a good mix fast flowing single track, some techi descents, the climbs are single track & switch backed, taking the sting out of them & always rewarded with a fun descent.

The two laps I did get where nice & quick sitting with the team riders & playing around with the Felt Epix boys, Ash & Jason(Formally Felt Enduro Race Team) making an exception to their non racing rule, simply because they have such fond memories from past events held there. (I'm sure the boys will get a report up of the fun times had over the weekend)

It was on my third lap that I had my mischief holding down 1st place at the time with eventual solo winner Evan Franskie in hot pursuit seeing it all unfold right before his eyes.(Thanks for stopping mate to check if I was OK & congrates on the win)

I put this into the O well, that's racing basket, this will more than likely put me out for a few weeks!

Therefor my postings of current events is likely to be a little light on,
which in turn may give me an opportunity to get the rest of my Canada trip, 24hr Worlds report & the long overdue Tribute posts done!

So keep an eye out for them as I have some great content to share.

PS. If you didn't manage to make it up today, I strongly advice you put it on the calender for next year, to have a sqiz at results & photo links etc, check here

PPS. I also popped out to see the Kaos gang & (Show my Jersey & Gold medal off) last weekend at another Great event being the Anaconda Enduro Series held out Lysterfield, where the Commonwealth games were held, we are very fortunate to have such a great area to ride/race literally at our fingertips from the melbourne CBD.

It's been really great catching up with everyone at both events over the past two weekends, It just reinforces why I enjoy being involved in this sport, we have such a good little community full of great people.

Live to ride, Ride to live,

Troy

No comments: