Monday, August 24, 2009

Vic Enduro Rnd 6 Castlemaine

Rocky riders Mtb club congratulations for putting on another festival style event at the Infamous Jubber Land, which I'm lead to believe the biggest yet, with some 350 riders, DJ's, bbq, beer on tap, real coffee & lets not forget one of the best trails getting around providing plenty of smiles.


The crowd forming in anticipation.

From the gun I felt great with all the preparations during the week to man & machine seeming to come together, after the first lap i came in second solo behind Willo & about a minute up on Phil & Jarrod,

Just the way i like it, I felt I had not used too much up to put the gap in & Willo was not a threat as he had informed me he would pull the pin at about 4hrs, So was feeling great, then Boom the front tire Blew clean off the rim,

Soon it became apparent the one thing I had forgotten to pack was Lady luck! As the next couple of laps nothing seemed to go right, with one poor lady falling right in front of me, Kamikaze Style, leaving me no where to go, after rendering assistance, putting me further back in the traffic of a predominantly single track course,

Causing more frustration & more importantly big chunks of time & enjoyment due to not be able to get the course to flow.



All Smiles on lap 1.

Eventually I managed to get some clear track & find my groove pulling back some positions & starting to think maybe all was not lost then PSSS goes the front tire again,

Managed to get the STANS to seal & nursed it back for the second wheel swap of the day, whilst in the pits I was informed I was still only 5 minutes down on a podium finish, with 40 minutes to go, so it was time to put the angry pants on, pulling back 2 minutes on the last lap, not quite enough.

Oh well all things considered got to be happy with 4Th place which should give me enough points to take out the Series.

Not bad for an old bloke.

Thanks again to MTB IMAGES & ANDY from KAOS for prepping the machine.

Live to ride, ride to live.

Troy

1 comment:

Thomases said...

Troy, I have more photos of you racing on Sunday if you're interested? It didn't occur to me till tonight that I might be able to find you via Google. Pages 3 & 10 of the Castlemaine link at http://kathiesphotos.com/mtb-racing/ have some but there are others as well.

I would have emailed you but couldn't find a way to do that so please forgive me for contacting you via a comment.