Monday, March 23, 2009

Round 2 Vic. Enduro Series, Mt Beauty, report

YOU CAN'T WIN THEM ALL

Round 2, with the stage set in Mt Beauty, or so I was lead to believe, as it feels like I went 2 rounds with Mike Tyson, you can only imagine how that would turn out.

The first "2 - 2.5hrs"of racing, was awesome, I was sitting well in 3rd place with the legs feeling great & the course as good as it gets with a bit of rain to settle the dust, thunder & lightning to add a bit of excitement,

Evan Franskie(Team other bike brand) grabbed the early lead & Adam Gibson(Team other bike shop) in 2nd, I was happy with that as they are both known climbers & Mt Beauty is certainly a pretty hilly one, so I didn't want to go into the red to stay with them,

To my surprise I was holding an even time gap on Adam & had put a decent gap into Paul Randell(Team other bike & shop), with the course drying it was nice & tacky, I was having a ball,

Then Mike Tyson jumped out of the bush & went whack!

Well not exactly, I actually hooked into a fast yet tight bermed corner, that you enter blind & hit a log square on that was laying in the middle of the corner, sending me over the bars landing square on my head, ending up some 15ft down the track,

The log was actually used to build the berm, someone obviously dislodged it a short time earlier,
As it definitely was not there the lap before.

That's racing, after a few minutes of rolling around on the ground, I realised nothing was broken, so continued on taking it real easy waiting to see double or start throwing up, didn't happen so kept creeping around holding 5th place, with about a 5minute gap on 6th.

10minute before 6hrs was up i stopped at the timing tent to wait for Dan(6th) to have a gentleman's agreement not to continue as I couldn't see the point, he didn't stopped & buzzed on by, so i was forced to do another to get my 5th place back, for the points in the series.

I pulled him back, then i flatted, picking up a thorn in the front tire, right next to the tread & the side wall, so I had to stop to let the Stans do it's job, In the mean time Tim Ferris rolled passed putting me back to 7th.

Oh well, In a nut shell, wasn't my day & you can't win them all.

On a positive note I did have 3 or 4 very enjoyable laps of Mt Beauty at it's best & Jac certainly had a good one, picking up 1st place in the womens solo,
well done Jac.

Live to ride, Ride to Live,

Troy

2 comments:

Jo said...

Hey darl , busy busy , soz to hear about the last run u had , but despite all that u have had a great start to the year & another big one this weekend . Hope u get to have a solid ride , we are trying to follow all your rounds , but its kinda hard from up here .
We are all thinking of u , have a safe one & enjoy , hope u have recovered alright from your head plant .
Always Jo

Troy Bailey said...

Cheers Jo,

I'll keep you updated as best i can,

It would be fair to say, I've felt better, coming good though.....T